South Carolina DUI Defense Lawyer
If you’ve been arrested for DUI, it’s in your best interest to start fighting the charge as soon as possible. Let the South Carolina DUI lawyer at the Law Office of Craig Brown do just that. With more than 25 years of experience, our South Carolina DUI lawyer, who is also a former SC Circuit Court judge, is ready to craft a solid defense strategy to protect your rights and freedom.
The Potential Penalties for a DUI Conviction in South Carolina
Depending on your specific DUI charge, and your BAC, a conviction can lead to penalties ranging from 48 hours to 5 years.
- 1st Offense DUI – 48 hours to 30 days in prison, a maximum fine of $400, and a six-month driver’s license suspension.
- 2nd Offense DUI – Five days to one year in prison, a maximum fine of $5,100, and a one-year driver’s license suspension.
- 3rd Offense DUI – 60 days to three years in prison, a maximum fine of $6,300, and two up to four-year driver’s license suspension.
- 4th or Subsequent DUI Offense (Felony) – One to five years in prison and permanent driver’s license revocation.
If your DUI offense involved another person’s injury or death, you may be convicted of a felony DUI and face much more substantial penalties:
- DUI resulting in great bodily injury – Up to 15 years in prison and a maximum fine of $10,100.
- DUI resulting in death – mandatory imprisonment
It is also crucial to note that you cannot have a DUI conviction expunged in SC, which means that the consequences may stick with you for life.
How Our South Carolina DUI Lawyer Can Fight Your DUI Charge
The penalties you stand to endure for a DUI conviction in South Carolina make it clear why defending yourself and building your defense promptly is necessary. The South Carolina DUI lawyer at the Law Office of Craig Brown will review the charges against you and what must be done to mitigate the consequences or dismiss your case. Having legal representation at the outset may help you avoid losing your driving privileges, jail time, and other harsh penalties. Our South Carolina DUI lawyer will:
- Check for potential misconduct or violations during your arrest.
- Determine whether a plea agreement will mitigate the personal, reputational, and financial harm you may suffer from a DUI conviction, or whether a trial will be in your best interest.
- Work with experts to make your defense strategy stronger.
- Defend your constitutional rights in and out of court throughout your entire case.
Get Legal Assistance From Our Experienced South Carolina DUI Lawyer Now
Ready to fight your DUI charge? To learn more about how our South Carolina DUI lawyer can help, reach out to the Law Office of Craig Brown and schedule your case review online or by phone at 843-676-0169.