South Carolina Drug Crimes Lawyer
South Carolina prosecutes drug crimes aggressively because they negatively affect the community and public safety. That’s why being charged with any kind of drug crime in SC can lead to severe consequences. Whether you’re facing state or federal drug charges, you need a South Carolina drug crimes lawyer who can create the strongest possible defense strategy and reduce the possible penalties.
At the Law Office of Craig Brown, our South Carolina drug crimes lawyer handles a wide variety of drug crimes. Attorney Craig Brown is a former SC Circuit Court judge with more than 25 years of experience, and he knows what it takes to secure the most favorable outcome for your case.
Drug Crime Penalties in SC Can Be Immensely Severe
Depending on the particular drug charges you are facing, the penalties may involve:
- One to 30 years in prison
- $1,000 to $50,000 in fines, not including restitution to anyone you harmed related to your drug offense
The potential penalties of a drug crime conviction in SC will depend on various factors, such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Whether it’s your first offense or you’re a repeat offender
- Your age
- The drug charges against you
- The amount and specific drugs involved
- What the prosecution and judge consider appropriate
- Whether your offense involved injury, property damage, or death
The South Carolina drug crimes lawyer at the Law Office of Craig Brown provides comprehensive and personalized legal services to defendants facing drug charges in SC, including:
- Drug possession
- Possession with intent to distribute
- Drug trafficking
- Drug manufacturing
- Distribution within proximity of schools or parks
- Drug paraphernalia possession
Our South Carolina drug crimes lawyer can likewise handle other charges related to your drug charges, which can include weapons violations, probation violations, DUI, or money laundering. All these can add to the severity of the penalties you may face upon conviction.
What Our South Carolina Drug Crimes Lawyer Can Do For Your Case
When you hire our South Carolina drug crimes lawyer at the Law Office of Craig Brown, they will build a solid defense strategy and fight the drug charges you’re facing by:
- Examining the prosecution’s evidence and case against you. If they gathered any piece of evidence that involved any violation of your legal rights, your lawyer will request to suppress the evidence based on lack of or no probable cause, warrant defects, consent issues, and other rights violations to try and dismantle their case.
- Bargaining for reduced charges. This will allow you to reduce your possible prison time, pay lower fines, expunge your record, and get back to your life faster than if you get convicted of the original charges.
- Negotiating a favorable plea deal. For minor or first drug offenses, our South Carolina drug crimes lawyer may be able to negotiate for deferred adjudication. If successful, you may avoid jail time and have your record expunged.
- Fighting for you in court. While all cases will not head to trial, if yours does, your lawyer will present your defense and work tirelessly to ensure that you get the most favorable results possible.
Seek Legal Guidance From Our Seasoned South Carolina Drug Crimes Lawyer
Let us put the experience and resources of our South Carolina drug crimes lawyer to work for you. To arrange your case evaluation, contact the Law Office of Craig Brown at 843-676-0169 or online.